Early Childhood Development
Preparing the Practitioners to be able and competent to make children ready for schooling.
During early childhood rapid development (physical, cognitive and emotional) takes place, this development is crucial in readying children for school. Children who are ready for school will be friendly, confident, and social; they will have good peer relationships, language skills and they will communicate well. School-ready children will be less likely to fail a grade and will perform better overall. We train the Teachers to achieve a prepared learner for schooling.
Further Education and Training Certificate:
Early Childhood Development (SAQA US 58761 NQF Level 4)
This is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). This Qualification will enable you to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and enable you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions.
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Second language at NQF level 2 or equivalent
- Mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme.
- Facilitate learning and development of children with barriers to learning and other special needs, including those coping with abuse and violence, within an inclusive anti-bias approach.
- Promote the safety and healthy development of each child.
- Communicate in a variety of ways within Early Childhood Development and societal settings.
- Use mathematics literacy in real life and education, training and development situations.
- Plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development.
- Facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children.
- Provide care and support for babies, toddlers and young children.
- First Aid Level 1 (2 day course)
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) REP Course
Who will benefit?
All interested to be ECD centre/ Crèches, Childcare services (day-care, pre-school, etc.).